A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, January 25, 2007

What I Look For

I was asked a few days ago what I look for when gun shopping. Well, the answer is simple, old Colts and Smith & Wessons. There are still a few handguns on my short list that rate a "gotta buy". In time for the gun show this weekend, here they are:

A Smith & Wesson Model 45. This is a K frame M&P, but chambered in .22 long rifle. It was produced as a training gun for the Post Office and Coast Guard. It is the only .22 caliber K frame revolver with fixed sights. They are a relatively rare M&P, and the price usually reflects that.

A Model of 1905 M&P with target sights. Another rare bird. I passed on one in the $300 range a few gun shows back. It had some bad bluing. I still kick myself.

A cut down and chromed Victory Model for $100 or so.

A crushed Victory Model for $50 or less.

A Beretta Model 71 Jaguar like Porta Cat just found........ Damn I'm jealous! Yep, I still keep a few of Italy's finest around.

Another Clark Custom 1911 at a decent price.

Any used Colt 1911 or GI 1911 for a decent price.

Will I find any of these at the gun show? How will I know if I don't go?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a jaguar for under 200 bucks, but hurry...

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7823666

8:41 PM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

it makes me feel powerful to know you are envious.

8:31 AM  
Blogger curlicue said...

i'm
a
lazy
sheep
which
feels
her
wool
heavy..
ha..

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier,

I have a hard time keeping up with your purchases. That's a good thing for you, but gets me pretty envious.

I knew nurses made good money, but you seem to buy two or three guns every week, maybe more. (Shhh...don't let your wife hear me) Not counting the expensive ones you put on layaway, your collection/accumulation grows quickly.

I love reading about your new guns, and your insight into what to look for and how to buy used guns. I too will buy a well used gun. I like their character and patina.

Keep up the fun Blog Xavier. I'll be seeing you over at the S&W forum.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Yuri Orlov said...

A pawn broker in my neck of the woods has a smith and wesson model 28-2 WSP Commemorative in a wood, velvet/satin lined box for $1100. It comes with a commemorative belt buckle.

He says it was presented to an officer at retirement and has never ben shot. *shrug* Is that a fair price? Just curious, that's a bit expensive for me at the moment.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

what on EARTH would you want a crushed revolver for? Trot Line anchor?

I want a 1968 Pontiac LeMans too, but I would not settle for a crushed one.....

2:29 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Yuri........No way. Way overpriced.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home