A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, February 09, 2007

Gun Show: Borelight & Bucks

A gun show is opening across town in the morning. I plan to go. The selection of firearms on the pawn shop circuit has slowed down over the past few months. I don't have anything in particular that I am looking for, but I look forward to a show and the chance to run into old friends there. I always review my Gun Show Rules and Gun Show Strategies. If the gun show isn't going to be fun, I do something else instead.

A lot of times, gun show novices want to know what I carry to a gun show to give me and edge. First, I put several reference books in the car. I put some business cards in my pocket. I stash cash in several places other than my wallet. I carry a bore light, a small screwdriver, and a pocket loupe. This time around, I will be carrying a set of stag grips as trade fodder, and perhaps a gun or two.

In the morning, I will eat a good breakfast, put on some comfortable clothes and shoes and go have a good time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gets me is this guy is 60 and still does meth and pot...makes me wonder why I never went for that stuff. Oh, I remember...I don't like the idea of courtrooms or jail, lawyer's fees, and I love my freedom.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of shape are those stag grips in? How much would you lke for them? Jim B

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home