A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit: Waiting Game

I swung into Neil's pawnshop today. He still had the overpriced Ruger MKII 50th anniversary gun in his case, along with the Ruger Redhawk. He had nothing new to show me.

So, I drove over to Kenny's place. Kenny still had the hard chrome Hi Power up for grabs, and he had brought a S&W Model 65-5 out from hock. It had a Hogue monogrip, and the four inch barrel was not pinned. All in all, it wasn't a bad gun at all, it was in good shape, but it just did not trip my trigger. Kenny was asking $279 for it. That was a fair price, and I guess it will make someone a nice house or truck gun. It just did not inspire me to buy it. Kenny still had not brought out the promised nickel Model 38. I did not want to ask about it, for fear of appearing too interested.

Over at Dave's shop, there was no changes in his used gun selection. I started to drop another hundred on my layaway, but I decided to hold off until after the gun show this weekend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog during a Google search for "S&W 32 DA," and have been reading the whole thing. I like S&W's too, though my current tastes run to earlier models - antique top-breaks and early hand ejectors. There is just something about buying a cartridge firearm and having it sent to you in the mail. I also like 1911's, my favorite being my Series 70 Gold Cup. Anyways, love your blog, particularly the Pawn Show Circuit!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Have you or would you
consider putting up a post of how to check out the condition of
a S&W revolver, for example a 629 or other. I thought you had done an article somewhere already but I cannot find it.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home