A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Remington Rand First Shots

Click to enlarge
I took the Remington Rand M1911A1 out to the range today, with the original HS barrel installed. I shot it at 7, 15, and 21 feet, using 230 grain Winchester hardball. It performed flawlessly through two hundred rounds of ammo.

Two stations down from me, a young man was teaching his girlfriend to shoot a Glock. It made me wonder........They were all over the page, but it was likely not the pistol's fault. I started to rent a Glock pistol to compare the Remington to, but I will save that challenge for another day.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier, Nice blog.
My apologies for the OT post, about a n old post of yours, but I came to your blog through Hell in a Handbasket from Publicola. I just spent about an hour translating the Japanese You-tube video comparing the Nambu Type 14 and the .45, and wanted to draw your attention to that, for you and any readers who wondered what the guy was saying.
DKDay

11:46 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Thank you for doing that DK! You will notice that I placed your translation into the article itself!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Glenn B said...

Nice RemRan. Nice shooting. As for those folks with the Glock, it was not the pistol so long as it was not damaged or shot out. They are easy to shoot and inherently very accurate. They are not the greatest nor worst I have ever shot, but are good enough.
All the best,
Glenn B

12:52 AM  
Blogger catfish said...

Ain't the arrow, it's the Injun. ;)

As a 1911/2011 guy myself, I appreciate the rugged reliability and combat accuracy of a Glock. But that's about it. I really don't care much for shooting them but they do the job.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home