A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Blogging Today

I left the computer in the middle of writing this morning. Instead of completing another article, I went shooting. I'm glad I did.

There is a tranquility and peace in the quest for self improvement on a target. Carolyn McCarthy, Jim Zumbo, David Petzal, and all of the other pests melt away into obscurity for a few blissful moments while bullets pierce paper.

I suppose I could write about what I shot, which guns, what caliber, but I will not. I could write about my technique, or perhaps what drills I ran, but I will not.

Instead, today, I am just going to suggest that my readers go shooting as well. As you spend your day enjoying the second amendment, ask yourself where you stand. How important is this freedom we cherish? Rededicate yourself to it's preservation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yuri Orlov said...

I too went shooting today, in fact I spent a large portion of the day at the range. I shot .22lr in my Ruger 22/45, .357 Magnum in my Taurus M605 and .44 Magnum in my Ruger Vaquero. Now, several hundred rounds of ammo later I'm tired, and my right hand is a bit sore, but it's a good tired. You're right, I didn't think about any of the agravating people that you mentioned. I do remember thinking of what a great country I live in, where I can go out to the range and punch holes in paper if I so wish; where I can keep and bear arms.

Great post today Xavier, thanks!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Id say two cylinders full of 38 special

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sterno said...

Unfortunetly I can't go shooting due to band practice, but I will exercise my 2A rights by carrying my pistol all day (like I do everyday).

8:53 AM  
Blogger MauserMedic said...

I'd love to go shoot, but I'd need to find my snowshoes and a sled to haul my gear from the plowed road to firing line a couple hundred yards away. Curse You, Mother Nature!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a couple of hours last night at the range before treating my self to a good meal out.2 rifles, 1 pistol and 2 revolvers.

Sounds like a plan for today.

But with different guns.

Tokarev

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home