A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit: Glocks Galore

It had been a couple of weeks since I hit any pawn shops, which is a long time for me. My hopes were high as I strolled into Neil's shop this afternoon. Neil's handgun case only held a Ruger semi-auto, and a Glock 26. The Glock was priced at $325, which is pretty good, if you want a Glock.
Neil also had a lever action Winchester .22 rifle on his rack. I asked to see it, and it seemed to be in pretty good shape. Unfortunately, I did not make a mental note of the model number. Neil had it priced at $89, and the rifle seemed to be in decent shape. I just did not need another .22 rifle. Heck, I can't hardly feed the ones I presently own. I handed it back to Neil.

Kenny's hard chromed Hi-Power was still for sale at $600, as well as a couple of Ruger single action revolvers. Kenny had sold the stainless S&W revolver, and he did not have the rumored Model 38 out for sale.

Over at Dave's shop, the Norinco M1911A1 was still up for grabs. Dave also had a Glock or two in the case. Glocks would seem to be the ultimate pawn shop gun. They are dead nuts reliable, the finish wears like iron, and at the $300 mark, they hold their value well. Dave had both his Glocks priced at $349.

Alas, I am not a Glock fan though. I've owned them, but they never did grow on me like the old 1911 did. I still have a SW1911PD on lay away at Dave's, so I gave him a hundred bucks towards it. I'll probably get it out on April 15th for Buy A Gun day.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that is a 9422 run don't walk and BUY it!
I'll double ur money!! lol!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Looking at the gun auctions, I'm thinking it was a 9422.........I guess I'll be going back tomorrow........

9:59 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Dangit, Xavier.

The wife wants a G26. Nobody in town has a used one for less than you could buy new online, and nobody has new for less than $600.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A third generation Glock model 26 for $325?!?!?!?

Here in the volksrepublik of MA, where the Attorney General has decreed that Glocks are unsafe for the general populus (but not for law enforcement, go figure), a third generation Glock model 26 sells for OVER $700.

$325. My aching cracker @$$...

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep that's a great deal on a 94! I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just been to the gun zone (a once a year trip, like emptying the compost bin, needs doing but not too often)and they would disagree about the glock reliability...

10:51 AM  
Blogger Fletch said...

Whew! I thought that price was pretty low. I was just chalking it up to the california "add 20% to gun price for no reason" tax...

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home