A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, April 09, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit: One Down

"Where have you been?" asked Neil as I walked in his pawn shop today.
"Been busy with work" I replied.
"Well I tried to save a pistol for you, but a guy offered me $800, and you know....I gotta pay the light bill."
"What was it?" I asked.
"A Colt 45 with a long sight on top. The guy that brought it in kept saying it was worth more, that his father had bought it at a custom shop in Shreveport. Wadcutter gun, he called it."

That figured. It had been a week or two since I hit a pawn shop. Eventhough I had little use for a gnat fart gun, a Clark 1911 at a great price would have been nice. I took a look at Neil's gun shelf, as if to see what was not there. Neil had sold the nicer of the two Ruger MKIIs. The 50th Anniversary Model remained, still priced at $175.

I'm going to have to find the time to visit Dave and Kenny tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home