A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, June 04, 2007

Doggity Update

Meet Darla. Darla is a Pembroke Corgi, and a retired show dog that my wife adopted. Darla finished her championship at the age of 15 months with 3 majors, 2 of which were 5 point majors. At least that is what her previous owner says. I believe that is quite an accomplishment, but I don't really know.

Darla took to our family, and keeps us all on schedule, like a good herding dog should. She is not in the least ashamed of the Sponge Bob tag my daughter gave her......In fact, she considers it a badge of her retirement from serious pursuits. Darla is very much my wife's dog. She requires a female to let her go out to pee. Prissy little bitch, she is......

Darla recently got a new sister, Ilsa. Ilsa is a solid black German Shepherd. Ilsa is still about as big as Darla, but she plans to get a lot taller. She has pretty much claimed ol' Xavier as her owner, and she likes her two nicknames, B.B., and E.B.D.

She is still trying to decipher the daily routines of her new household, and she howls when Xavier is out of her sight. She follows him where ever he goes, and is learning how to walk on a leash. Good dog Ilsa!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger red said...

love the new shepherd, my wife and I have a 1 y/o shepherd too. best dogs ever!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharp-looking pup! What is she, about 5 months old?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

ok, I THINK I know what EBD means, but I am afraid to hazard a guess what BB means.....=D

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ride Fast said...

Great looking doggies. GS and Corgi are wonderful, smart breeds. Congrats.

4:22 PM  
Blogger HollyB said...

Great lookin' dawgs there. I was at a "Dawg Festival" last weekend and saw a 110 lb GS, the usual Black and Tan colors. Not a fat dawg, just big.
I think a man needs a BIG dawg. My Dearly Beloved has a 110 lb. Yellow Lab. My dawgs are a 56 lb. Aussie Shep/Weimar. cross and a 4 mo. old Boxer/Pointer cross who will prob top out around 75 lbs.
Their pics are up over on my blog. Just in case you're interested.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Less said...

Do you still have JoeDog?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

JoeDog is no longer with us.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Less said...

Sorry to hear about JoeDog...

Cruelest joke of the universe is
that they just don't stick around
that long...

Good luck with the new pups!

1:44 AM  
Blogger Tammie said...

I love german shepherds and have a little experience with corgis. What a great combination that must be. Enjoy!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home