A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Vacation

It's the first morning of my vacation. Damn. What do you do on these things? I plan to change the oil in my vehicle, perhaps build another bike, maybe go motorcycle shopping. I have a list of chores to do around the house. It needs painting. At least the sewer line is fixed.

Some folks go to Disneyland on vacation. I think if I were to go somewhere I would go back to my old home, the USS Midway, now the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum. I'd like to show my children where I once lived, what I once did. That is the segment of my life that most made me who I am.

So what will I do on my vacation? I suppose I'll get a cup of coffee........

6 Comments:

Blogger Keith Walker said...

Duh! Go to the range!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say that's a good sign you've got the right job - congratulations.

I'm fortunate to have recently found myself in the same situation. If it wasn't for my wife's love of travel and some family obligations, I'd probably still have all my vacation on the books. This is also the first time in my life where I haven't been at least occasionally absent from my job just to screw around a little and recharge my batteries. The kicker is this job is both physically and mentally more demanding than any I've had in a while and I actually take less time off than ever and actually look forward to going to work. Weird.

Keith

5:14 PM  
Blogger freddyboomboom said...

Some of the folks from my company are going to Siggraph in San Diego next week.

Autodesk is having a dimmer party on CV-41, and apparently we have at least one invitation to it.

Damn, I wish I was going.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do come to San Dog, be sure to drop a line. Check your blog daily and would love to buy you a cardiac Burger in Ocean Beach or burn some powder at a local range.

a recovering sailor,
dw

12:00 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Roger dmattix

12:54 AM  
Blogger Cliff_1911A1 said...

Xavier... make the trip. Take your children and go.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home