A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pawn Shop Circuit:Winchester Defender

I went into Kenny's pawn shop this afternoon. Among Kenny's shotguns I spied a Winchester with an extended magazine. It was a 1300 Defender. I squinted my eyes as Kenny was approaching,and read the $179 price tag. The shotgun appeared immaculate.

When Kenny arrived in front of me at the counter, I was peering through the glass at handguns.Kenny still had the Beretta 92FS, but he had sold the S&W Model 64. Nothing elsein the case interested me. I moved on to the electronics and I found a 4 GB iPod for $89. Good price, I supposed. I asked Kenny to open the case and let me have a look. He did, and I removed an aquamarine device from the case. My iPod had been stolen last week at work, so I was in the market for a replacement. I decided to buy it.

As Kenny was taking my money, I told him "You really oughta buy that shotgun Kenny."

"You mean that Winchester Xav?"

"Yeah, it would make a heck of a house gun for you."

"How did you know I was wanting it?" Kenny asked.

"It's a good gun," I said.

"Another two days and I can buy it," replied Kenny.

I hope nobody buys it out from under Kenny while he waits. It must be a quiet hell to see items purchased from under you as you are forced to wait to purchase because you are an employee.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank God that I found your blog. Because of all the anti-gun culture that's everywhere now, it's hard to find people to safely discuss the one thing I understand and enjoy: Guns. Without them thinking you're a psycho.

I love reading this stuff. Gets me through the boring days. Thanks, and keep it up.

-C

P.s. Any thoughts on the Remington 870 7 rd. tube 18" barrel? I just bought one, four more days left in the "10 day waiting period".

10:16 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

C....
The Remmy is a great gun too. It's more durable than the Winnie and the Mossy in fact. Most homeowners don't need the extra durability a shotgun must have to ride in the trunk of a police cruiser though.

I prefer the operating mechanism of the Mossy and the feel of the Winnie.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home