A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ain't That America?!!



Swinging an ax she retrieved from behind the counter of a Long Island convenience store, a diminutive clerk fought off an armed man who tried to rob her. The confrontation was captured by a store surveillance camera. As seen on video, Hafize Sahin, 27, reached for the ax after the robber moved away from the counter of Southaven Convenience in Brookhaven. Suffolk County police described the suspect as a six foot tall male between the ages of 28 and 30, with a medium build. Sahin is five feet tall and weighs 90 pounds.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger breda said...

I wish she had a shotgun instead of an ax.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's lucky that she didn't get shot.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Like her style.
T.

5:58 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

git it, girl!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Not Too Pensive said...

The best part of the whole thing - towards the beginning, when she says "I come from different country and working... why you not working, why you do like this?"

Give 'em hell, Sahin.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That woman has no fear. I have to say I doubt I'd try to use a blunt / edged weapon against someone with a gun unless I had an obvious tactical advantage or window of opportunity.

I'm glad to see people fighting back, but at the same time she's really lucky she didn't get shot.

9:49 AM  
Blogger BobG said...

I like her attitude.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home