A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

4:10AM. My wife says it is Daylight Savings Time. I get to sleep an extra hour. Or do I?

Except I am on call and first case starts at 7:00. That means I have to be there an hour prior to set up. I'm not certain what the team is doing this weekend, since nobody discussed it. They may come in an hour late. They may come in at the former time, which would be now 5:00AM.

My wife doesn't understand team dynamics. She tells me to go back to bed and get another hour of sleep. I can't. I'm going to the hospital. As the leader of the team, it is far better that I be the dumbass that was an hour early than the smartass that was an hour late. It's shaping up to be an interesting day.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt G said...

"... it is far better that I be the dumbass that was an hour early than the smartass that was an hour late."


Understood, completely. I slit the difference, and came in a half-hour earlier than usual.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did it work out? Were you the "only person in this room qualified" to set a clock?

Keith

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you. I wish more people like you existed in this world.

5:29 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Man, I hate this time-change baloney. I think it's an ideer whose time has come and gone.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home