A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Serious Bar-B-Que

I like Model 28 Smith & Wesson revolvers. They are serious guns for serious men. Click to enlargeThus, when I came across this auction, initially, I was flabbergasted. How could anyone do such a thing?

The more I looked though, the more I liked. It's an apparent Texas Ranger gun. The engraving is absolutely stunning, and in a Texas motif. The grips are elephant ivory, with a gold Texas Ranger badge inlaid. Then, after more eyeballing, it became apparent that after the Highway Patrolman was cut and punched, it was hard chromed. Yes sir, yippee yi aye Skippy! If you're going to engrave a hard core service weapon, at least finish it in a hard core no nonsense finish. I suppose every Ranger needs a sidearm to go with his exotic Justins when he goes to church or an ice cream social. If I had $8,600.00 I might pick this one up after all.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I'm not much for adorned guns, that one crosses the line far enough for me to like it more as a piece of art than a firearm. I can see it in a beautiful lined wooden case for display, not for carry or actual use.

And it isn't pink.

Yep, I like it.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Texas Rangers only used 1911's? Also, how does a person "carve" the metal???? Is it etched? Is it heated to lose the temper and then retempered? Any body know how the engraver could get such deep cuts?

Steve

10:51 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

It looks like the toy "six shooter" I had when I was 7.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Sterno said...

yup, it's enough gun to make Cletus jealous!

(I'm jealous too!)

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I meet you at Cussin Bobs a few years ago, and Bob told me about your blog. You need to come back and vist us one Sunday afternoon, be glad to see ya again. Ronnie Madere labayouman243@yahoo.com

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never understand why people engrave handguns. It just ruins them IMHO.

3:58 PM  
Blogger MauserMedic said...

I admire someone who can do that kind of metalwork. Well executed, although you usually see it on an older generation of revolvers. I've got something I'll post tomorrow for the last Sunday Gun I'll be able to do for a while that's in that vein. Thanks for picking up the theme....

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a huge fan of deep relief engraving,but that is the work a true artisan,and a wonderful too damn pretty to shoot 357 S&W...
nice link Xavier,thanks

12:22 AM  
Blogger dropdownstairs said...

Here is another unrelated
serious bar-b-q
Propane tank fire...wow
http://tinyurl.com/3dlhfo

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not exactly what I would carry on a daily basis, but a nice looking piece of hardware.

1:10 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

gawd, that's beautiful.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home