A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ugly Gun Sunday

The Dresye Model of 1907 was a loathsome and anemic handgun even when new. Click to enlargeTop heavy, with a puny grip frame, it spit out the pipsqueak 7.65 mm round. Designed by Louis Schmeisser, it was one of the first striker fired pistols. The trotline weight pictured here has the additional asthetic improvemnents of finish removal, corrosive pitting, and cigarette burns on it's fractured grip panels. Screws have been replaced with more modern equivalents, rounding out the repulsive package.

I enjoy old curio and relic type handguns, and the Dresye Model of 1907 is one I do not own. It's weird and funky, which would make it an interesting addition to my accumulation of dusty rusty relics. A Dresye M1907 in decent condition usually changes hands for $250 or so. For me, that's a bit steep, even for a nice one. I'd really rather have one with some blemishes and history anyway. I do have my limits though. Had I seen this particular pistol at a gun show rather than an online auction, I might have purchased it. It's actually kind of charming, in an ancient relic sort of fashion. The cost of shipping and a transfer would exceed my final offer, however. For twenty bucks and a face to face deal, this one might find a new owner.......Me!

More ugly guns at Mauser Medic

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger BobG said...

That is an ugly looking bugger.

1:33 PM  
Blogger MauserMedic said...

It's the best kind of ugly! It was made that way......

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be doggoned - just saw one at my favorite gun store! In great condition, but priced at $399!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home