A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ugly Gun Sunday

Click to enlargePimps don't seem to go for 1911's. They consider the old war horse to be an old man's gun. Thus, when I first saw this abomination, I thought "How stupid. No pimp will buy that." Then I examined it a bit more closely. I noted the hogged out ejection port extending below the rollmark on the slide. I spotted the ambi-safety on a pistol that was made more diminutive for concealed carry. The slide stop has been thoroughly weakened for no reason other than appearance. A checkered speed bump is at the base of the grip safety to abrade the hand.

And then the color.......Oh God, the color. When John Moses said blue the damned thing, he did not mean this! Two toned pistols are frequently garish enough, but the Delft blue frame of this pistol is only surpassed by the woven multi colored carbon fiber grip panels. Pistols should not wear kilts! The whole conglomeration makes me wonder if it was a bespoke custom pistol for a dimwitted Scottish pimp running a Dutch brothel. Unfortunately even his girls would laugh at the sight of this pistol.

I suppose the trigger might be salvageable.........

More ugly guns at Mauser Medic

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Carteach said...

I suppose it would suit as a sidearm for the blind.

In fact, my sight seems dimmer already after looking at that.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I was going to eat my breakfast, and then I saw this.

Though it's just as bad as those overly engraved "commemorative" pistols I see in the gun magazines.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially like how the "lowering" of the ejection port is A. not straight and B. swerves right through the model rollmark.

I've always thought that even the nicest of two-tone guns had a bit of the "spare parts" look to them, but this is just ghastly.

Good... or rather, Bad find!

Happy Holidays,
Joe

9:39 AM  
Blogger Ed Skinner said...

The serial number starts with "LFA..." as in "laughable".

But it's a Series 80 so it's automatically a pimp gun anyway.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They get an A for effort.
If the effort is to make as many mistakes as you can.
I wonder if it shoots.

11:39 AM  
Blogger West, By God said...

That's funny, I pulled up the page, and my wife happened to see it, and said "oooh, what's that?". I replied "oh, a 1911." To which she said "I like it."

So... one man's ugly gun may in fact be a lady's beautiful gun.

Not sure I'd carry it though.

11:47 AM  
Blogger lee n. field said...

So, didja buy it???

:-)

2:08 PM  
Blogger Not Too Pensive said...

I see one purpose for that firearm - in a display case, next to a Glock.

I never believed I'd see something that could make a Glock look pretty. Looks like I was wrong.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone got a bit carried away with the port work, eh?
The LFA serial # indicates it is a Lightweight Officers Model. That blue is most likely anodizing.
I'm guessing the skeletonized slide lock is to lessen the likelihood of recoil bounce induced lockback. A proper dimple for the spring pin works fine for that.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's so ugly about that?

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the most interesting trolling anchor I've seen in the 50 years I've been shooting 1911's.
It damn sure is not what JMB had in mind. My Lord, what an abomination.

It figures that women would like it because it's wearing makeup. I dunno if it's a pimp gun or more like a transexual gun. Maybe a drag queen gun.

Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone. And it is UGLEEEE. Ack!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rather like it. It looks like a great "dress" Sunday-go-to-meetin' gun. I just can't think of a suit I own that it would accessorize well. You probably wouldn't like the shiny nickel Taurus PT-92 with gold controls and pearloid grips I found in a local pawn shop last weekend, either.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home