A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, January 25, 2008

Gun Show

The gun show opens today. I took the day off work to be there. It's the coldest day yet this year. We actually had ice stick to the overpasses.

I'm considering a few trades......
Reviewing my strategies......
Loading up my gear......

Let's see..........
A Smith & Wesson M&P with target sights
A Smith & Wesson Victory modified for carry
Any vintage carry gun with interesting modifications
A Fitzed out Colt 1917
A Colt New Agent
A M1911
A M1911A1
A Red Eagle Ruger Standard

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger catfish said...

Xav, MPs are selling CHEAP around these parts - Bachman's pawn and gun had them at the gunshow in Houston last weekend when I was down there visiting.

After a mail in rebate - $290!!!!
And that for an MP40.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

I'm talking about the Model of 1905 catfish.........

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, is that a picture of you Xav? I read your blog all the time. I always wondered what you looked like.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Nope Andre.....You see my pic next to my comments.

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's you. I thought you were the young black man pictured. As a white 28 year old man, I always assume everyone on these gun blogs and forums is also white. I guess my prejudices are confirmed again. Doesn't seem to be too many minorities involved in the shooting sports. The range I go to is all white. I actually see more minority individuals at my golf course. This is an interesting topic. Of course we should all look beyond skin color, but are minorities not largely involved in our shooting sports, and if not - why? Minorities are the fastest growing segment of the US population, specifically Latinos. Food for discussion in another blog entry, perhaps. [Maybe you have even blogged this in the past?]

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home