A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ugly Gun Sunday

Such a disgraceful thing to do to a Gold Cup........Across the slide of this poor Gold Cup is a migration of critters, escaping the wilderness in single file as if to enter Noah's ark. Among the caribou, moose bear and other large game I think I discern the Colt prancing pony. Isn't that special? At least the pony will survive the flood too.

The jeweled hammer and trigger are equally as silly. Jeweling is a machinist's method of making certain lubrication stayed between closely fitted surfaces. It was never meant to be decoration.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it.. almost.. With ancient Egyptian motifs(side figurative ornaments) and no jeweling this could be a nice gun for a guy like Omar Sharif :)

Herrmannek

7:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe he engraved every animal he shot with the gun on it?

11:10 AM  
Blogger freddyboomboom said...

No way he shot a moose with that and lived through it, unless the moose ignored it and ran off.

My dad once hit a moose with a brand new full sized pickup. The moose ran away and my dad had to have the truck towed back to Anchorage (over 200 miles away) to get fixed.

12:44 PM  
Blogger BobG said...

I like the grips, but the critters on the slide are a bit much; he should have stopped after the scrolling.
Just my opinion.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... I do like the eagle on the grips.... but the rest is a bit hokey...

Eric

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister got bit by a moose, once...

5:23 PM  
Blogger catfish said...

uggh. THAT is horrid!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*Umprghf* .... I just threw up in my mouth...

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your going to decorate a gun, at least do it in good taste.

5:49 AM  
Blogger dropdownstairs said...

So that is over done.
It's weapon nt jewlery
If you can tell me hat is between the safety and the slide release on this 1911?


http://tinyurl.com/2qjhzh

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a nominee for you for next week:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89395495

Dear sweet mercy.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home