A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Night Rider

Treacle likes to ride bikes. Perched on Jenny Smith's handlebars at Gentleshaw Wildlife Centre in Staffordshire, UK, the bird appears calm.

"I think Treacle likes being on the bike because owls are notoriously quite lazy. So this way he doesn't have to do any exercise and he can sit around and look at his surrounding area to see what's going on," said Jenny. "We do fly him and he does enjoy flying. I suppose the bike feels like he's flying but without putting in the effort. We've got a monkey that likes scribbling and a hawk that only likes women, so many of the animals have got funny little traits, but Treacle's our only bike rider."

I wonder if he flaps his wings when the bike hits bumps......

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger phlegmfatale said...

wow - I would never have thought owls were lazy-- one more trait I have in common with my fellow nocturnals.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home