A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Nursing and Other Blogrolls

NurseI've separated out and posted another hard wired blogroll for my nursing/medical type favorites.

The nursing and medical communities in many parts of the U.S. are politically anti-gun, and vocal. I encourage all rational, thinking gunnies to visit these nursing/medical type blogs and comment. Encourage the medibloggers to come to your own blogs through thoughtful commentary.

I encourage all rational, thinking nurses and physicians to visit these gunnie type blogs and comment. Encourage the gunbloggers to come to your own blogs through thoughtful commentary.

It is only through mutual respect and understanding that we will reach the truth of the human condition and the problems in society. It is only through reaching the truth that we can solve the ailment.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be obstinate; but why do we have to be polite and rational? Yeah, yeah I know; we have to present our side in a thoughtful way and steer away from petty arguements. I just wonder when we will be able to start "claiming" our right.
The older I get the more I realize that the "silent majority" is losing their rights bit by bit. An old tactic for sure. Slowly erode the general consensus and eventually you get what you want. If the "silent majority" attempts to wrest their rights back...those rights then seem so draconian and old fashioned the general population will fight to keep the "new" rights.
Sorry, not much in the mood for positive thoughts today or even solutions! I've had it up to here with snow...and the Travel Channels 25 best beaches!!!

Steve

1:35 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Steve, you can "claim" your rights while being polite and rational. You actually do not have to "claim" them, you already possess them.

If you act an ass, you just entrench the other person in their position. The idea is to bring others over to gun ownership and appreciation, not to entrench them into the opponent's camp.

2:49 PM  
Blogger TOTWTYTR said...

I was hoping that the anti guy bias was confined to the Northeast and other liberal parts of the country, but I fear I'm wrong. Just because I know some doctors who are pro 2A, only means that I know some atypical doctors.

Most are in fact anti-gun, even the ones that own guns. Those seem to be of the "I'm smart enough, but you're not" school of anti-gunner.

3:16 PM  
Blogger NurseWilliam said...

I am an ER/Trauma nurse, and I am pro-2nd Amendment. I have the Webley .445 (1918 model) that my dad left me when he passed on. It's a beautiful, sweet-firing revolver. I'll never part with it.

I've seen the damage that a bullet can do. It's messy.

But I firmly believe that the dangers that await a society that removes forearms from its law-abiding citizenry are too great to allow such a thing to happen. The fact that an American can own a firearm and use it to defend his or her home and life is a great deterrent to violent crimes. I shudder to think how much worse our society would be if that deterrent was removed.

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home