No, Doctor B, I'm not washing instruments, and I'm not kissing the water buffalo. I didn't see any snow. I didn't even see any ice except at the Icee machine in the cafeteria. If you have evidence of snowfall, I hope you made it into a ball and stuck it in your freezer for Monday.
Meanwhile, Ilsa knows it's Saturday. She wants to go bike riding. It's excessively cold, at least for this rider. Looking in through the backyard bay window, she exposes her dubious description of the temperature by the frosty breath from her nostrils. The sun is out. Maybe later girl.
I'm going to fire up the crock pot and cook some chilli. I just need some nopales and masa to make it good. Then some chipotles.
Xavier's World Famous Chilli:
• 3 pounds ground chuck, seared
• 1 package stew meat, seared
• 1 big chopped onion
• 3 smashed garlic cloves
• 2 pieces of bacon cut crosswise into pieces
• 2 cans tomato chunks
• 2 cans tomato paste
• 2 cans red kidney beans
• 1 ½ cups of nopales
• 1 ½ cups of frozen or fresh whole kernel corn
• 2 tablespoons of chili powder
• 3/4 cup of shredded Pepper Jack cheese
• 2 tablespoons of Masa
• 1 ½ teaspoons of dried crushed chipotle
• 1 ½ teaspoons of paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
• 1 package fajita mix
• several squirts lime juice
• 3 cups of water
• Sea salt
Mix all this stuff up in a crockpot, and heat for at least two hours to distribute the flavor throughout. Serve hot with corn or tortillia chips of choice.
The crown of my head sweats just thinking about it.....