A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, April 07, 2008

The Bike Raleigh Never Built

I found a nice lugged steel Raleigh Grand Prix frame. Some would convert it into a fixie, and indeed, I thought about it. After some consideration, I decided to build the bike Raleigh never did......A lightweight get around bike like the Raleigh Sports, onbly with a coaster brake instead of a three speed. I will use a Raleigh cottered crankset from a Superbe, a North Road handlebar with cork grips, a Brooks sprung saddle, and a Sturmey-Archer coaster brake on 27 inch chrome Raleigh rims. I might put a brake up front, but I doubt it.

I don't plan on this bike being a speed demon, just a light easy to ride bike that is effortless to pedal. Hopefully, when I am done, it will appear to be something Raleigh might have produced themselves.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Powered bike?

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home