A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Ride

After a couple of cases at the hospital, I was finally able to get back home around 1:00PM today. I wolfed down a couple of burnt dogs and a hamburger, and then decided it was time to work it off. The sun was still blazing as I straddled the Armstrong and cranked the rat-trap pedals down the street.

In the heat of the day, the spicey aroma of neighborhood bar-b-ques wafted through the air, bringing back memories of the Orient. It was an odd juxtaposition, the forgotten memories of far away places among the American Craftsman and Victorian homes with the Stars and Stripes undulating in the breeze. Still, I found it somehow fitting to remember my old friends in the good times of liberty ports, as well as remembering the men who gave their lives in the cause of liberty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home