A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, June 19, 2008

M1911A1 Grips

I heard today, to my chagrin, that another M1911A1 escaped my grasp. Apparently it was a decent and correct Union Switch & Signal, and an even Cleveland saw it changing hands. I'm kind of bummed because of that.

On the plus side, I recieved two sets of US GI grips today. If you are needing grips to replace non-original or broken ones on your GI pistol, don't bother with ebay or gun shows. They are available for $15 a set at Simpson Ltd.

Maybe these grips will act as a seed.......

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger HokiePundit said...

May I ask where they were made, if you know? Thanks!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Hokiepundit,
They are original USGI grips removed from demilled and destroyed surplus M1911A1s. Some are for RR, some are for US&S, others Colt, and still others Ithaca. The grips, being original, were made by Keyes.

5:05 PM  
Blogger catfish said...

If you're looking for a set of grips that aren't original, but surely do help you keep a grip on the gun, give a set of Monkeygrips a shot. They're made by the same guys that make Davidson knives, in Canyon Lake, TX.

I won a set off a prize table a few weeks ago and figured I'd give them a shot as the grip texture is VERY abrasive - just what I like.

I'd say these fall on the "fat" end of the grip spectrum, and once I filed down some of the sharper edges where my palms were getting chewed up - which is saying something - I really, really like these grips.

Not the prettiest in the world, but they sure work well.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home