A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Raleigh Grand Prix Single Speed on ebay

It is not without interest that I am watching this auction, which is so much like my own Raleigh Grand Prix Single Speed. It's an English built Raleigh Grand Prix with dropped North Road style bars with shellacked cork tape, a leather saddle, modified into a 'swallow' style cut, a coaster brake laced into the original rear wheel, and a Raleigh chain wheel with a straight chain line.

Winning Bid: US $336.66

Then, there is this original Raleigh Grand Prix up for bids.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger lee n. field said...

Re the ebay link on the Gran Prix -- that's not stock. Nowhere near. Stock would have a steel cottered crankset, and plastic Simplex derailleurs (possibly Huret, but I think they were using Simplex by then). Rims would have been steel Weinmann on high flange hubs by (I think) Weinmann.

That's right about the time I got my first "10 speed", and I remember pretty well what was current then. I actually had a Gran Prix of that vintage, sometime in the mid 80s.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Montie said...

Xavier,

Are there fenders available to fit the Grand Prix? All your bicycle blogging has given me the hankering for a couple of bike projects of my own.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home