A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Boxer Brief



A few thoughts........

First, a hearty congratulations to Tony Gamonal for successfully defending his home and property.

Second, here is proof that an uber tactical black plastic shotgun with a bandoleer of shells across your chest is not the key to home defense. Mindset and the willingness to act is. If your only weapon is a single shot shotgun, practice with it.

Third........."I was mad enough I probably would have shot them." Be careful what you say after the fact. If Mr. Gamonal is burglarized again, and he must defend his life, he may have jeopardized his defense with this public statement. As far as public statements go, it would have been much better to use the phrase "in fear of my life" rather than "mad enough."

Finally, if you are going to strip down when you come home, put on some cotton gym shorts rather than sitting around in your boxers. Good job Tony Gamonal!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I chased a burglar out of my home, I was wearing an LAR Grizzly Mark 1, and nothing else.

I was fully dressed.

People do not snigger at a person wearing only a firearm. Trust me on this.

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X:

Good points all; if in the same situation, however, I plan to say nothing to the media. Having been a reporter, I believe private citizens are best served by keeping their mouths closed on such matters. Too many things can be misconstrued, misinterpreted, and generally screwed up beyond all recognition.

Mike Harbour
Helena, Montana

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home