A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The S&W Heller Commemorative

In case you have not seen Smith & Wesson's Heller Commemorative revolver, here it is. Click the photo to see a close-up of the laser engraving. I'm not big on Commems, and even less keen on laser engraving, but I like the fact that Smith & Wesson is producing this little carry gun. I suppose it's fitting that their choice would be the S&W 442, one of the finest concealed carry guns available. It's an acknowledgement by Smith & Wesson that they understand the second amendment is about the right to self defense, and not about hunting. God knows Ducks Unlimited has put out enough hunting commemoratives. It's nice to see a gun maker advocating self defense for a change.

The first six revolvers will be presented to the six original plaintiffs in DC vs Heller, Shelly Parker, Tom Palmer, Gillian St. Lawrence, Tracey Ambeau, George Lyon and Dick Heller. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Second Amendment Foundation.

$575 MSRP

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me that the "scales of justice" should be tilted in favor of Heller, not D.C.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scratch that. Shows you what I know about scales.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Keith Walker said...

Cool! How much?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

it probably comes with an internal lock. >:-(

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X,

A while ago, per your advice, I purchased a used Model 10 as my first firearm. I love it, and have since purchase a used Sig P6, and more recently one of the new no lock 642's. My next purchase would like to be a 1911, What do you recommend as a first 1911?
Thanks for all your great advice.
T

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just $14 more than standard! +1

7:48 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

It all depends on what you want out of a 1911 T. Perhaps I should do a blog post on that........

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do X.

8:14 PM  
Blogger perlhaqr said...

Cool idea, though I'd prefer .357 Mag.

Oh well, I can't afford it anyway. :D

3:41 PM  
Blogger JJR said...

Purdy, but I'd rather spend my $$ on a .357 mag Ruger SP101 snubby at this point in time.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home