A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back to Normal

The neighborhood buzzed with the tree chomping growls of chain saws as Ilsa and I biked around this afternoon. Over the past six rain drenched days I had not biked at all, and I was missing it. Ilsa wanted to run beside me even more. The skies still looked like they might open up, but they had held all day. We spent an hour or so riding around asessing the clean-up efforts going on. The streets were clear of the limbs, and only smaller debris remained.

Except for a few still in the hospital, the last of the evacuees are headed home now. Neighbors were out and about, waving and chatting with one another. I am glad of it. I'm tired of storm blogging, and rather drained from it all. I'm looking forward to some recuperative time this weekend. Maybe I'll grill a steak and celebrate Labor Day.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Owen said...

i am jealous of your cruiser it's awesome!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More idiots with guns!

11:30 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

Good to see you and Ilsa are out hitting the trail again! Ain't life grand?

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are getting back to normal. Your commitment to the blog through all of this is admirable.

Give Ilsa a scratch behind the ears for me and enjoy that steak.

9:47 AM  
Blogger JJR said...

Go take some well deserved R&R, Xavier. Good to hear you're doin' ok.

We'll be here when you get back to the Blogosphere.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything turned out okay, Xavier.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home