A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike's Landfall

Authorities in three counties estimate approximately 90,000 people refused to evacuate in the face of hurricane Ike, despite a dire warning from forecasters that many of those in one or even two story homes faced "certain death."

"I believe in the man up there, God," said William Steally, a 75-year-old retiree who planned to ride out the storm in Galveston without his wife or sister-in-law. "I believe he will take care of me."



Our prayers are with those on the Texas coast.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at a loss for words at the beauty of that performance.

Thank you Xav.

Thank you sir.

I pray now for the safety of all in harm's way, knowing there is a mystery beyond my understanding.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers sent....

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I needed that.

Steve

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this is indeed one of the best performances of Barber's "Agnus Dei". May the Lamb of God truly be the Shepherd of those in Ike's path.

8:05 PM  
Blogger phlegmfatale said...

What an exquisite setting of Barber's Adagio For Strings. Gosdpeed to all in the path of Ike.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home