A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Running Late

5:15. I woke up late this morning. I bailed out of bed and into my riding togs and was out the door without breakfast or a shave. I barely had time to activate the blinkies on the back of the bike, and I hit the constant beam on the headlight as I rounded the first curve towards work.

It was a hard ride, but the streets were deserted. Through the darkness, the wail of a slow moving freight train's horn warned me that I had better spin faster and get across the tracks several blocks ahead, before I found myself wailing on the wrong side of the tracks at the futility of my previous efforts. hobbled across the tracks carrying the bike, remounted and sped on. Swerving into the parking garage and skidding up to the stairwell I lock the bike to, I had the commuter chained down and stripped of easily detachable accessories in record time.

I was still sweating into my paper scrub cap as I began the first case. It was a long day, and I was looking forward to a leisurely ride home. It came about 4:00PM. I showered off again, sat down to the computer and clicked my way over to BSNYC. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home