A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Range Day

We had a new Range officer today. The old fellow who had ran the range for years finally retired. I introduced myself in the range house, and found the new RO to be amiable and knowledgeable. Click to enlargeHe asked me what I would be shooting, and I replied 45s. My dues were up for renewal, so I paid up, and I carried my bag past the rifles to the falling plates and gongs. Squirrel season opened today. The hunters were in the woods.

The new RO watched me for a bit, and then said "This ain't your first time shooting 1911s, is it?"

"I've shot 'em a couple of times," I replied.

The RO had a student show up, and another official assumed responsibility for the range. I sat out a couple of cold range calls to hear his instruction. He was a good instructor. The student was shooting a 9mm Ruger.

Eventually I moved back to paper targets, shooting the Ruger MKII. It developed a problem with the trigger resetting. I probably have the overtravel screw in the Volquartsen trigger adjusted to closely to the reset. Unfortunately, I did not have an Allen wrench along for the ride, so I will address the problem later tonight.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks more like a range wagon than a bag............

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna go shooting with you!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your range reports. They provide so much for us who find it hard to go to the range as much as we would like.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home