A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Jammin' Colts

I went to the range alone today. It was a cold, dreary day, but at least it wasn't wet. I decided to shoot at 15 yards, Click to enlargeand I had brought along my Gold Cup and the Ruger MKII that I had added a fiber optic front sight to.

The HiViz fiber optic front sight provided a bright sight picture, with the end of the "light pipe" gathering light and illuminating the front sight even in overcast conditions. I preferred the green light pipe, and the end of it fit into the square notch of the rear sight as though it was made for it. The glowing green dot was extremely easy to pick up, heck, you couldn't ignore it. The pistol was shooting a little to the left, with the rear leaf cranked to the right. This evening, I will readjust the rear sight base so the leaf can remain centered when on target.

As usual, the Gold Cup was willing to place a bullet right behind the one that pierced the target before....... If I was up to the challenge. 22 on the left, Gold Cup on the right. Click to enlargeI was shooting it a little low.

To my right were two men shooting a Springfield XDm. During a cold range, when we walked out to change our targets, they complimented me on mine, and wanted to know what I was shooting.

"A little Ruger and a Colt," I replied.

"Those Colts jam a lot, don't they?" they asked of me. I started to toss out a snark, but I refrained.

"It's running OK today," I replied.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Garm said...

C'mon, we Colt owners have to educate the misinformed, albeit politely of course.

THEN we can talk about the ignorant behind their backs.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Old NFO said...

NICE shooting Xavier! FUnny you mention jamming, I'm currently reading C Stories by Jeff Cooper and he talks about the Leatherslap contests back in the 60's in California, how everyone converted from revolvers to Colt .45's

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They "jam" and rock like a concert!

9:47 PM  
Blogger the pawnbroker said...

yessirree...dat colt be jammin'...

"good shootin', (te)x"...

jtc

10:11 PM  
Blogger Keith Walker said...

That's a nice hole for 15 yards. Good shooting.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do a post on the Gold Cup. I have had one for 15+ years. It shoots great and has had no modificationsw.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Anon, you can read about my Gold Cup here.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home