A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, November 28, 2008

Malwarebytes

I installed the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30 a few days ago. Each day since, I have updated the program and scanned my computer with it.

From dedicated2Spyware.com:
"There are loads of malware removers on the net today and most of them are lightweight applications, which usually means they’re fast and don’t have many features. One such lightweight application is Malwarebytes’ Anti-malware."
This free program has some advantages. Frequent updates are available. You can update Malwarebytes’ Anti-malware every 24 hours. It will scan all drives, or any you select. It will scan specific files with a right click on the file..

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has consistently found trojans or keyloggers on my system. What Norton Internet Security 2009 finds but is at a loss to deal with, Malwarebytes incapacitates, shreds and occasionally blasts into oblivion. It seems to be a capable adjunct to my existing software. Notches on it's belt include Trojan.BHO.H, Trojan.Vundo, Trojan.Agent, and Trojan.Downloader.

Update: I have discovered that these items "found" by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware were not threats at all, but lures to encourage free users to upgrade to the purchased version of the software. Not nice Malwarebytes.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Old NFO said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to add it to my tool box.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Medic2RN said...

Go Mac, & never look back!!!!!

Stay Safe.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Mikael said...

A combination of spybot S&D, spywareblaster, zone alarm free firewall, and AVG free antivirus, keeps the nasties from even getting onto my system. The only thing spybot S&D gets to remove nowadays is tracking cookies.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home