A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, December 28, 2008

More on Digging

It seems Mossberg is now offering a shotgun in a can. Along with a pistol grip 18 inch Mossberg 500 sealed in a re-sealable clear bag, the buyer gets an olive drab "heavy duty" waterproof synthetic carrying (burying?) tube complete with re-sealable top and nylon carrying strap. They are calling this their JIC (Just In Case) line of shotguns. MSRP for the Cruiser version is $422.00. The Mariner and a tactical tan version are also available. Way to cash in Mossberg!

I'm kind of thinking a chunk of sealed schedule 40 PVC with a rifle that will fire a common military round packed in cosmoline might be a better choice. But then what do I know? I lost all my guns in a boating accident on Lake Manigottapee.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Raving Prophet said...

This isn't anything new. The Mossberg JIC has been out for a while now, I remember seeing it at least a year ago.

They aren't cashing in on Obama in particular, just the SHTF preparedness craze in general.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Ah well, I stand corrected then. I'm gonna drop the post down......

7:52 PM  
Blogger Mikael said...

More likely cashing in on katrina.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Mark Horning said...

The JIC came out a while ago, I want to say that it came out right after Katrina.

I also think they make a Mariner version with a hi-vis floating case.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

My brother has asked me about the JIC. I've suggested to him that for less money he can put together a more practical kit with more options by thoughtful accumulation. However, for someone without his abilities as a crafty scavenger, it would be a one-stop shopping experience.

Regards,
Rabbit.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely been out since 2005 or earlier. Not a bad deal, but not great either.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, could there possibly be a market for pieces of steel in the shape of say a 1911A1 or an 870 Remington to be buried in various places all over ones yard?
That would make Ground Penetrating Radar kind of fun for whatever Alphabet Agency came looking for buried firearms, I can hear it now, "Dammit Mr. Bob, thats the 58th piece of 3/8ths steel plate in the shape of a Colt we have dug up here today!!!!"

10:53 PM  
Blogger Chrome said...

If it's time to bury them, it time to use them.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home