A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ross Leather

When placing an order for a 1911 trigger and grip screws, Click to enlargeI felt a need to flush things out to make the shipping worthwhile. I decided to take a chance on some gun leather.

A lot of gunnies with a few pistols in their history have a box of old leather, and I am no different. I'm always a bit skeptical before laying down cash on an unknown, but the suede lined Ross 1911 pancake holster available on Midway USA seemed to be a deal.

I was not disappointed. The stitching is heavy, and the lining is secure. The holster features a body shield to keep sweat from getting on the gun, as well as providing a bit of protection for the 1911 thumb safety. The holster is strong enough to direct the butt of the 1911 into the carrier's body, without creating discomfort. All in all, for $43.99 it's a great deal on a leather holster. If you are trying to come up with an appropriate Christmas present for the gunnie in your life, this rugged holster will bring a grin to their face.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using Ross Leather for about two years, since it's what was carried at the store I worked at (and still frequent). But when people ask me for a recommendation, I can never remember the name! It's simply always on-hand at my local store so I never think about it! Thanks for the nice write-up and reminder. I've been getting the itch for some new leather anyway...

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a link from ESPN for the Xavier Musketeers.

I think I may have stole my avatar from one of your pics in the past.

It was a blue and white gun that had Xavier written on it. You can click on the link on my name to see if it is yours. I never asked you permission. I tried to find your page again but I couldn't locate it. Hope it is OK to use it, if not I will get another avatar.

Hope you enjoy the increased traffic from ESPN and go Muskies!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

Looks like you've caused a run on them. They show to be out of stock.

I'd say you're a good outside salesman for Midway.

Regards,
Rabbit.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Carl H said...

I grabbed one of their holsters on sale at Midway recently - very nice for the price!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also get Ross holsters at CCW Supply, see CCWSupply.biz. There is a 4 week lead time though. And Phil is great about service. I recently returned a Ross IWB because the belt loop pulled loose and he let me return it for an exchange without any questions. Except for that, I like Ross' design and quality.

Mike

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home