A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Next Generation

They said it was photoshopped, but it appears that the 4th Generation Glock is indeed a reality.
"At the 2009 SHOT Show, Glock introduced a new texture called “RTF2.” Claiming to be the “the new standard for operators working in the harshest conditions imaginable,” the RTF2 features a new style of texturing on the grip frame, and a new serration pattern on the rear of the slide."
Glock is offering the new texture on their Glock 22 as a marketing trial. If it proves popular, other models will follow.

Visit Guns Holsters & Gear for more information.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The slide serrations are AWFUL to look at.

I wonder if the grip texture will grab clothing. That would be a bad thing for CCW obviously. I look forward to handling one.

Maybe it'll make used Glock prices drop. :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger JAFO said...

Whoopie.

Why can't they add a damn external safety to the damn thing. Then I MIGHT consider buying one of them.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be elite, but it's still hideous.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the earlier model marketed as "perfection"?

So why did it need to be improved?

-zoom

5:15 PM  
Blogger P said...

I handled one today, A demo non working gun at a cop shop. It will chew up shirts like a puppy on crack if you wear it IWB> Very Aggressive in the hands. I bet a box or two of ammo would leave your hands not needing the callus stone for a week.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Less said...

The slide serrations are AWFUL to look at.

+1 to that...

Why can't they add a damn external safety to the damn thing. Then I MIGHT consider buying one of them.

http://www.cominolli.com/ makes a very robust and easy to fit one. ~$100.00 install for parts and labor.

I've got one on a used glock. Works well.

I bet a box or two of ammo would leave your hands not needing the callus stone for a week.

I've got skate tape ALL over mine... BTW, did you know that finger prints can't be pulled off of skate tape?

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the ugliest thing yet. Pure yuck.

6:54 AM  
Blogger R-F said...

I'm pretty much over Glock. The cool stuff about throwing it off a mountian and 10k rounds between cleaning and all that doesn't really serve me, so my 23 is up on the block, trying to trade it for a Steyer M40. Should be able to do so with out denting my STI fund to much.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home