A Nurse with a Gun

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Pawn Shop Circuit: Outa Lay Away

Back in July of 2008 I placed a SW1911 on lay away at Neil's pawn shop. Over the past six months I have been placing a few bucks on it here and there. Today, when I entered Neil's shop again, I only had $47.89 left to pay on the stainless steel pistol. I decided to go ahead and take it home.

Paying for a firearm in this manner is basically painless. You still have to buy within your means, but it is amazing the limit we can place on financial pain by paying over time.

I am not sure what I will do with this pistol...... Hell, I already have three SW1911s. A gun show is coming later this month, and perhaps I will trade it off for something i like better. It's funny how I can easily justify another Colt or Smith & Wesson revolver, but another SW1911 makes me doubt my senses. The SW1911 is a solid 1911 though, and for the $650 price tag spread out over time, it was difficult to pass up.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've got the same gun. It's my Rock Your GLOCK gun. Never a hiccup. I paid a hair more for mine, but they're good guns.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Weer'd Beard said...

I have two, One stainless and one Scandium commander.

I'm with Joe, they run like a top, and I got them both for very reasonable prices. The only think I disagree with Smith about their take on the JMB Gun is that FLGR. There are two of them sitting in my parts bins, and stubbies living in their place.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Assrot said...

I prefer Colts myself but for $650 that Smith is a fairly sweet deal. I'm sure you can get more than that for it in trade or even if you sell it outright.

I've always though Smith & Wesson made some pretty good semi-autos. I had a 1911 like this a couple of years ago. I traded it for something else.

I still carry a Smith & Wesson CS45. It's also a good, reliable concealed carry gun.

Joe

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A SW1911 "Xavier" model, huh? Don't take it to a show. Send it to my FFL in CA. I'll take that SW beauty off your hands. Do *you* do layaway? ;)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home