A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, January 19, 2009

Trade Fodder

Over time, every gun accumulator accumulates a few firearms they eventually let go of. A couple of my guns slated to be swapped off at the next gun show are pictured here. The Browning 22 Auto is one that will travel about the floor in search of a trade. I bought the Browning 22 at fire sale prices. I had always wanted one. It's is one of John Moses marvels. It is accurate and decently reliable. It also has a funky loading method that makes shooting it at a public range a pain.

I found that I prefer the ease and flexibility of the Ruger 10/22 after all. I had a yearning for the 22 Auto until I had one. Now, it's like a $1500 coon dog that just eats and sleeps. If I can find someone to swap a used Smith & Wesson revolver for it, I will pass it on to it's next owner. I'd take a decent Ruger Standard as well.

I purchased the SW1911 with the expectation I would likely trade it off. The SW1911 is a good pistol. I'm a Colt guy though. I got the SW1911 for a decent price, and if I can use it as trade fodder towards another Colt 1911, I will. If I can't trade it off, I may just shoot the hell out of it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Owen said...

I want that .22 something bad.

7:26 PM  
Blogger AJ187 said...

I'm exactly the opposite, I think my gun collection has grown too vast, too early in my young life. While it is a good problem to have, I never really found a proper measure in deciding to keep or sell a gun. That said, I still haven't actually sold anything I've bought, but I'm happy with what I bought. Maybe in time my tastes will change and I'll see my guns as more of a commodity.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home