A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Parades and Concealed Carry

Mardi Gras is quickly approaching, upon us and I have to ponder one of Louisiana's more unique prohibitions regarding concealed carry.
"No concealed handgun permit issued pursuant hereto shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity."
Years ago when Louisiana first passed shall issue legislation with this parade prohibition, I wondered how long it would be before it became a bone of contention. In parts of Louisiana you can find yourself surrounded by a parade simply by walking down the street. Further, the wording reads in a parade, not at a parade.








Mardi Gras 2009: Krewe of Slidellians

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger El Sid said...

Although I hate to say it, this is one you should probably trust to a lawyer, I would say that you should ask a LEO, but I have always gotten very bad (or complete lies) information/advice from them on CCW.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say. Pop a Ruger LCP in your wallet and zip it. :-)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mike W. said...

Well IN a parade would imply that you were actually formally engaged in the procession wouldn't it?

I'm with Mr. Potato on this one.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I lived in Nawlins, I asked the 2nd District Captain, and he clarified that it meant IN the parade, not watching it. Keep it concealed, have your permit-you're OK.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home