A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Retired Air Force

Click to enlarge
I wanted to ask this couple to pose for me, but I lost them in the crowd. They reminded me of the quintessential middle class American couple, quiet, hard working, solidly conservative with a love of country. If they had a son or a daughter who attended a protest against their nation, they would likely have been rather perplexed a few years back. I found it ironic that they would now be attending a protest against the direction their government had taken.

Click to enlarge
Nikon D-200 70-210 zoom ƒ4

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check your blog gmail email, I sent ya something you might find interesting:).

12:43 PM  
Blogger DouginSalcha said...

My hat is black with yellow lettering and says, "U.S. ARMY - RETIRED" and I can certainly emphathize with him. I've always 'supported' and 'defended' my nation and now it has left me to appeal to an element that I can't understand....

1:08 PM  
Blogger P said...

THink about it, they are of the age who probably were involved in the Sixties activism. Protests are nothing new to their generation.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet he was one of those air force radicals. Real Weathermen, those two.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

Anon, warn a person lol. I was thinking along the same lines when I read your comment and about choked on my coffee.

I can just imagine my Dad, a Vietnam Veteran, protesting in 60s LMAO. NOT happening...

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home