A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, April 20, 2009

Once On This Island

Click to enlarge
I took photos at the theater this evening. I stuck with my 85mm lens and shot everything at ƒ1.8. The lens was fast enough capture all but the quickest action. I did not manipulate the ISO. I used spot metering.

While it would have been nice to have a zoom that would open up to a f-stop beginning with a one, I think a 50mm Nikon D-200 85mm ƒ1.8 lens in addition to the 85mm will do.
Click to enlargeNikon D-200 85mm ƒ1.8

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous TJP said...

That first photo is pretty impressive considering the environment.

Why not turn on the flash and annoy the patrons while making the scene look like a frame capture from South Park? (Kidding!)

Are you doing RAW mode? I wonder how that one would look in grayscale. (I have a color vision problem, and red tends to bleed when it's too intense, and look green/gray-ish when it's subdued.)


Also:

Thinking of RAW files, and on the off chance that some of the readership are using The GIMP, here's something they may find handy:

http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/

Yes, there's a Windows installable version. I have tested it, and it works.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home