A Nurse with a Gun

Monday, April 27, 2009

Split Prisms

I decided to order a Katz Eye split prism focusing screen for my Nikon D-200. I opted to get the OptiBrite treatment, since I tend to use a wide variety of lenses.

All the reviews of the product that I have read have been positive. The only installation problems I located in my research was with Canon cameras. I figure if I can put in Zimmer knee replacements, I can put in a focusing screen. The most difficult aspect will likely be finding a dust free environment for the installation process. I may perform the camera surgery at the hospital to be certain no dust gets inside. A full review will be done once the manual focus screen is in my digital camera.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Comment and link at:

http://love-a-luddite.blogspot.com/

6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Xavier

I have about a year or two of Rangefinder back issues if you are interested. I will mail them to you if you're interested.

It's one of my favorite photography magazines. You can subscribe for free at http://www.rangefindermag.com/

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Very interested in the review. I recently upgraded my from a POS digital camera and slightly elderly (and rather damaged) Canon SLR to a Pentax DSLR, and I've noticed myself missing the focasing prisms. Please let us know how the install itself goes too!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home