A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Pawn Shop Circuit: Unneeded Boxes

"Hey Xavier, I've got something you might want," chortled Kenny as the cowbell announced my entrance into his pawn shop this afternoon. I strolled over to the gun case, and peered through the glass. Not much was appealing in the case, only one handgun caught my eye, and even it was pretty pedestrian. I already had a stainless four inch Smith & Wesson, actually. I have several.

"Ok, whatcha got?" I asked.

Kenny pulled four gray Ruger boxes from underneath the counter. "I found these in the backroom and I thought you might want them," explained Kenny.

Two of the plastic boxes were for Ruger revolvers, a handgun of which I own exactly zilch. The other two boxes were for Ruger semi-automatic 9mm pistols. Again, I lacked the pistol that would fit in the plastic contours. Both semi-auto boxes had a new spare 9mm magazine inside. "Three bucks each," said Kenny.

I don't have the guns to go in the boxes, but I decided that I may come across someone who does. The magazines will make decent trade fodder at the next gun show. I pulled out my wallet....

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Stan in Minnesota said...

Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo back to the pawnshops. Thanks, this is one of my favorite parts of your blog!

1:04 AM  
Blogger be603 said...

You stole 'em.

1:06 AM  
Blogger midnight rider said...

"Two of the plastic boxews were for Ruger revolvers, a handgun of which I own exactly zilch"

You need to git yerself an SP101 in .357. The ultimate snubbie.

1:56 AM  
Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

My mother has developed a love for single action revolvers, and your writings greatly influenced her choice in caliber when she recently moved up to centerfire. She is training by switching back and forth between her .22 and .45 as you have described. Thanks for all of your great advice! http://truebluesam.blogspot.com/2009/04/important-business.html

9:00 AM  
Anonymous s_mahaley@yahoo.com said...

If you're looking to get rid of the revolver boxes an the mags. I'll take them of your hands. Just let me know what a fair price plus shipping would be. zip is 28205

11:55 AM  
Anonymous s_mahaley@yahoo.com said...

If you're looking to get rid of the revolver boxes an the mags. I'll take them of your hands. Just let me know what a fair price plus shipping would be. zip is 28205

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier,

I would be interested in the mags and revolver boxes if you are wanting to sell them. email is s_mahaley@yahoo, what price you think is right with shipping.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier,

sorry about the multiple messages the me and the computer sometimes don't get along

Sean

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Travlin said...

Another great pawn shop score! Last I looked those Ruger mags retailed at about $40 each. I believe they will fit any full-sized Ruger P series pistol from the P89 through the P95.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No Ruger revolver....

Shame on you!!!!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Mike Harbour said...

X:

I'm with midnight; get some Ruger wheelguns...I was thinking SAs, but DAs would work, too.

BTW, I can't access your blog at work anymore; our Web site filter has dropped it in the "violence" category! That's odd as most of your recent posts have been about photography!

Mike Harbour
Helena, Montana

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Mike Harbour said...

X:

I'm with midnight; get some Ruger wheelguns...I was thinking SAs, but DAs would work, too.

BTW, I can't access your blog at work anymore; our Web site filter has dropped it in the "violence" category! That's odd as most of your recent posts have been about photography!

Mike Harbour
Helena, Montana

8:38 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

That's a shame Mike. Talk to the IT guy. Tell him it's bullshit.

This blog is not about violence. He must have his key words or his brain fried.

Knuckleheads.....

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home