A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Colt Recall

Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC has determined that the Slide Lock Safety and the Recoil Spring Guide Pad in certain Colt model pistols were not manufactured to Colt specifications and must be replaced. All of these Colt models were sold after March 2007 and the range of serial numbers affected by this product recall is as follows:

1911 WWI Replica (O1911) From: 4597WMK To: 5414WMK
1918 WWI Replica (O1918) From: 1001WWI To: 3431WWI
New Agent (O7810D) From: GT01001 To: GT04505
Combat Elite (O8011XSE) From: CG10000E To: CG11293E
Defender (O7000D) From: DR33036 To: DR35948
Talo Night Defender (O7000NDF) From: NDF0001 To: NDF0400
It seems the thumb safties and the recoil guide rod pads are a bit soft.

Damn. My WWI Reproduction, my Defender and my New Agent all fall within that range.

More information here. At least I don't need to send the Defender in.........

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.coltsmfg.com/upload/pdfs/MasterRecallNotice.pdf

....yup, I've got to send my New Agent in, too.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Captain Harley said...

Yikes!!...I better check the numbers on that .45 Colt I bought through a friend last year. Thanks
Xavier!

AMF/Ride & Shoot Safe

6:08 AM  
Blogger Shermlock Shomes said...

Crap. I have to wait until I get home and check my New Agent. I've got a feeling that it'll be going in, too.

Thanks for the info, Xavier!

8:40 AM  
Blogger AJ187 said...

Good luck dealing with Colt. Please report back.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Better news!

I had purchased a spare recoil spring assembly for the New Agent, last October, so I could have one ready to drop in when it came to change springs.

I got a email response from Colt customer service this morning, telling me to send that spare assembly in separately for replacement. Colt FTW!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Ike said...

My new agent needs to go back too. I wonder if it would be better to have them switched with aftermarket parts at a smith. I don't want to send it through the mail.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Mr.Potato said...

hmm. good find. I have to check my serial numbers. I hope I won't have to send it in.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Old NFO said...

Thanks for the update!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Xavier, here is one to show about protecting your property is not grounds for shooting..

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/52396207.html

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home