A Nurse with a Gun

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Ugly Gun Sunday


Blogger JAFO said...

hell, it looks better than their US Military commemoratives.....

7:07 AM  
Blogger Ross M. said...

Charter Arms has been giving some of their aluminum-framed revolvers a similar treatment. I'm not sure I like those either.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Calhoun said...

That is so ugly I might report this post as abuse.

8:57 AM  
OpenID reflectoscope said...

Tacky, yes. It does look like whoever made it look that way took some time and care in doing so, though. Further, it probably still runs alright.


9:11 AM  
Blogger Brad_in_MA said...

Looks like a pimp gun to me. I can just hear George Patton espousing his ivory pistol grips, and noting further that pearl grips are for New Orleans whore house pimps.

- Brad

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Bob@thenest said...

Think I saw that as one of the prizes in a 25-cent claw machine.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that what would be called a "Barbeque Gun"?

11:25 AM  
Anonymous TJP said...

The frame looks almost like it's nitre blued.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually I really really like this one.........

7:36 PM  
Anonymous greg tag said...

Ok. I admit it is ugly.

But who has ever seen a GOOD-LOOKING Beretta 92?

Too many levers, too small a hole and that loooong DA trigger pull. UGLY.

On the other hand, the nickle and nitre-blue malkes for an interesting contrast, and I like ivory grips on carry guns.

So- Ill give it a 6 on a 10 scale.


12:08 AM  
Blogger B.S. philosopher said...

The grips are atrocious, but I like the color. Now as to whether I would carr a 9mm is another story.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that an Aluminium frame? With plastic grips? (shudder)

B Woodman

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Cliff47 said...

Concur with Brad and Gen. Patton. Just a bit too flashy for my taste.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Needs gold...

11:13 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

Hmm...Am I the only one that looks at this one and immediately thinks of Florida? Maybe it's the Turquoise blue on the frame, but I think if you had the slide in Flamingo pink, it would make one heck of a Florida pimp/drug runner gun :)


3:31 PM  
Blogger Sean Galt said...

Damn. Needs an orange slide and a Miami Dolphins logo. I hate 1/2 finished work.

Word Verification:
As in, "I think that's Bonalici's heater."

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Will said...

Nah, TJP, that's just a good job of anodizing the aluminium frame.
Xavier, I think this is the best looking of all your Ugly Gun finds. I suspect that some women would think it attractive. A wee bit less brite a blue would help a lot.

Wv= wominle: yep, even Blogger thinks it's a female cop's

1:52 AM  
Blogger Assrot said...

I think Casey and Sean are correct. This looks like a Miami Dolphins OC pistol.

Hell, they have to protect the players when they play a home game. The barrio has suffered from urban sprawl and engulfed the Land Shark Stadium.

I think they're using the SR13 gang as security these days. I don't go down there any more. Miami is a shithole no matter where you go.


6:22 PM  
Blogger David Blue said...

This gun is beautiful. It's perfectly maintained as far as I can see, and in no way "Bubbad". That's pride of ownership, and that's a desirable attitude.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Oklahoma Tom said...

I would buy this gun. Where can I find one?

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links to this post:

Create a Link