A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Believing

The weatherman says a wintry storm is coming tonight. I didn't know whether to believe him. He has been imprecise so many times before.

Never the less I found the hydrometer and checked the antifreeze. I left the garden hose dripping and I brought in the plants. Earlier my co-workers had made contingency plans, schemed to gain a day off work if we received any snow at all. I drove home not believing. A skeptic. Unswayed.

Tonight I went out with the dogs for a last bathroom break before bed. I felt the wind. Maybe it is coming.....





Meanwhile, in North Carolina........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Billy Sparks said...

In the piedmont region of NC we got a dusting of snow and then it melted. But then the temps dropped 13 degrees so what roads where wet are now icy.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Old NFO said...

Yep, I 'think' y'all are going to be cold AND wet...

8:17 PM  
Blogger The Freeholder said...

Trust me when I tell you that all the gunnies in NC who pay attention to the news are having a lot of fun with this one.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Rorschach said...

I still blame Al Gore.

It was fuhreaking COLD here in Houston over the weekend... luckily the rain had stopped and the roads had dried up before it got below freezing.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home