A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Two Wheeling Again

I've started taking advantage of the warmer weather, and have returned to biking to work. It's nice to ride among the breeze and falling cherry blossom petals in the morning. Like an obsessive biker, I have started working on the Trek 970 in earnest to transform it into a back-up bike.

I lucked out and found another vintage gym basket to attach to the Trek's rear rack, and I installed a kid bike BMX handlebar. New cables are necessary, but I think I have enough parts to bring everything together..........

Specialized Armadillo Hemisphere tires

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Grounghog said...

Post a pic of the basket please.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

You can see the basket in pics in this post.

10:09 PM  
Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

Sweet!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy. How do you (if at all) address the potential problems of concealed carry on a bicycle? And the issue of "what do you do with the firearm once you are at work? That is one issue keeping me driving (can secure sidearm in vehicle, ya know!)

4:08 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Anon, I'm sorry, but some of these issues I will not address on the internet, especially to anonymous commentors. No offense intended.

A bellyband works very well when bicycling if you wear a loose shirt. Obviously, the firearm will need to be light and small. Buy a quality bellyband, or expect to purchase another one in the future. The conceal carry T-shirts that fit snuggly also see to work well. I strongly advise a bike that allows an upright posture rather than a bike with drop bars when using either method.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ anon 4:08AM

I use a IWB style holster (crossbreed) on a mountainbike. Works greak, comfortable, no worries.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jacob Da Jew said...

Armadillos are the best tires ever. Never got a flat in all the years that I've used them.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home