A Nurse with a Gun

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trek Commuter Update

I received the Specialized Armadillo tires and mounted them on the Trek 970 commuter bike. This is not the Trek.... It's just a recent photograph with a bike frame........My tastes have evolved to the right combination conglomeration of parts and ingenuity for me, and the Trek will be very similar to my Raleigh commuter bike.

Because the Trek has no fender eyelets on the front forks, fenders may be a challenge. Also, I had to go with 26X1.95 tires, the more narrow Nimbus Armadillos were no longer available. Beach cruiser style fenders would fit. A commuter bike needs fenders, so I guess I'll fit the cut down fenders that I had on the Raleigh at first.....

This afternoon I am off to photograph a local guitarist for an album release.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Baker M. Romeo said...

When I first saw that picture, without having looked at the text or the post title, I thought that that thing was some kind of steampunk compound bow/crossbow.

Now I'm a little sad. :C

1:55 PM  
Blogger stbaguley said...

Good composition. Looks kinda steampunk/archer and so refracts back the varied layers of your persona. (Does that actually make sense?)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Jarubla said...

Xav,

I dig the Armadillos. I have also had very good results from Bontrager's Hard Case tires. Good stuff. My current lugged gaspipe single speed rig has had hHard Cases on them for several years.

-Jay

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought the armadillos were notably slippery in the rain.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

I haven't experienced that. That's why I said "for me.'

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home