A Nurse with a Gun

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blog Chain

The lovely and talented Monica Ricci, organizer and Makarov packer extraordinaire has tagged me for a blog chain. As a full fledged member of BOMCA (Balding Old Man Clubs of America) any attention from beautiful young women is a flattering but fleeting thing, so I am compelled to respond. The deal is you're supposed to share five off the wall, strange, unusual or just little-known facts about yourself. Then you "tag" five other bloggers who are supposed to do the same thing. Ok, We're off...........

1. My first degree was in Fine Art. I was, at that time, a damned fine painter and printmaker, who painted still lifes inspired by Chardin, Peto and Vemeer, as well as made assemblages similar to Robert Rauschenberg's early work. I no longer paint or do intaglio, but the framework of art philosophy still influences me in everything I do.

2. I am the seamaster of four saltwater aquariums. Four. A total of 675 gallons of circulating sea water complete with fish, crustacean critters and coral held behind tempered glass in my den. These are not things you dry fire at. Why four tanks? Some saltwater fish eat other saltwater fish, critters and coral. If you want to keep them all, you keep them separately.

3. I was once "into" hot rods, and built a '32 Ford. I went through a vintage motorcycle/chopper phase, and finally restored two antique Series IIA Land Rovers early in my marriage. One for me, one for the wife. Real Land Rovers, Marlon Perkins style.

4. I once had a bounty on my head in a foreign country. I will not say where or when or why.

5. I am an Honorable Shellback, 000/0046E.

Now I have to tag five folks......
Lets see.......
Porta Cat
PawPaw
Tamara
Matt
Amy

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica Ricci said...

Xavier, you're sweet and wasn't this fun? I am jealous about the saltwater tanks. In my next house, I'd love to have a large saltwater tank but I'll need you to come maintain it for me, k? COOL!
~Monica

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Xavier, I like you even more now! :)

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier, I'd love to see some pictures of your aquariums sometime, and I'm sure other people would too!
-Justin

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home