A Nurse with a Gun

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Giotto Rocket Blower

Giotto Rocket BlowerI'm a confirmed skeptic about many things. When I needed to get the dust off my DSLR sensor, I followed the instructions in this video, and had fairly decent results. I still had a couple of specks on my camera's sensor, so I gave it another go, and the results were the same.

I had made a substitution for the recommended blower though. I was using a bulb off a blood pressure cuff as a homemade air blaster. I decided the price of a Giotto Rocket Blower ($12.95) might be a risk worth taking. I placed one on order. It arrived today.

This rubber rocket ship moves more air than a Rush Limbaugh at a burrito festival. One pump of the bulb is enough to send my daughter's hair flying. One quick squeeze is enough to make Ilsa stop in her tracks and slick her ears back. A few puffs of this thing and my camera's sensor was spotless. I suppose the Giotto Rocket Blower could be used for a lot of things, but for this purpose it is the cat's meow.

Just in case anyone wants to know.........

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Ahh I thought this was under GUNS< and at first glance I thought it said GHETTO Rocket!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got one of those. Works fairly well.

However, it can be hard to pack into a bag. *LOL*

10:32 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'm ashamed that I did not recommend this to you earlier.

I've used a Giottos Rocket Blower to clean dust out of my camera after a visit to the Atacama desert - one of the driest places in the world. Dust? You haven't seen it until you've seen a small wind kick up sand in a place that receives less than a centimeter of precipitation per year.

A few quick blasts and *bam*, no more dust on the sensor, no more problems.

Granted, the dry dust is easier to get off than the moist stuff. But considering the sheer quantity of fine junk that managed to get on the sensor and the fact that a few quick blasts were enough to get it all off (and I mean all of it) made me a fan of the Rocket for life.

Fantastic choice, sir.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xavier, do you think this could be used in place of canned air for cleaning the inside of my computer?

Love your blog, btw!

Thanks!
Dale

4:02 AM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Anon,
I usually use a vaccuum cleaner in there..... The blower might be good for touching up though......

5:52 AM  
Blogger ChuckAtPodunkOutpost said...


I had made a substitution for the recommended blower though. I was using a bulb off a blood pressure cuff as a homemade air blaster.


No old BVMs lying around???

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home