A Nurse with a Gun

Friday, February 03, 2006

Metros?

Nash MetropolitanMetrosexual. The first time I read that word was about two years ago on an internet forum. I confess I wondered what any man could find sexually attractive about a Nash Metropolitan, but who the hell really cares what another person does, as long as they are not involved in the proceedings?
I heard the word again a couple of days ago, this time in the workplace. Well, if one of these perverts was going to be near me, I decided it was in my best interest to learn a bit about them. I might have to park my car in another parking lot, after all. I went to Word Spy.

metrosexual (met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.

Why in the hell does everyone have to define themselves in a sexual manner, even when it's not a sexual question? The entire idea of this metrosexual bullshit is an advertising guise to lure dumb young men with dumb young money into spending a few bucks on hair products and worsted wool instead of fast cars and guns and cigars. Giorgio Armani is trying to convince a bunch of boys who recently sprouted pubic hair it's OK to be a sissy. That's fine with me. If they can't use their brain well enough to figure this one out, then I'd prefer they not be called a man anyway. Call me a metrosaxaphone and I'm punching you in the nose. It's an insult to a man.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sterno said...

Metrosaxophone...now THAT'S funny!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be still my heart.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home